Thursday 29 September 2011

Working with Freelancers

I have recently started delegating some of my work to freelancers. I take on a lot of projects, which previously I had managed myself. But now that I have developed a reputation and skill range that allows me to command a higher hourly rate, I can afford to pay other people to help me out and therefore take on more work.

I deal with all my freelancers by email only, and the occasional coffee meeting if there's anything to run through. I pay them all weekly through my business bank account by BACs payment. I've made a standard contract that I send to all the freelancers. It makes the operation look more professional and sets expectations from the very beginning. I feel like one of the most exciting milestones in starting a new business for me was being able to take on other people and offer them work.

No comments:

Post a Comment